Stellar Engines Ltd is always busy with projects, but we also always enjoy a new challenge. Our products and services fall under four main categories which are now briefly described.
Design and Project Management
We can undertake the work for the initial design phase of a physics, aerospace or general engineering project. We can produce technical reports, technical drawings and extensive calculations to support that design. You can contact us to initiate a design study for you, be it a new device for sustainability and the environment, or a winged machine flying at subsonic or supersonic speeds. No task is too difficult for us, as a concept design leader and idea driven organisation.
We can undertake work on the design of all vehicles, air and space, which evolves through three key stages known as the concept design phase, preliminary design phase and detailed design phase. We can work in all of these areas although our primary experience is largely based around the concept design phase. We will take your engineering requirement, and then translate that into several possible solutions that will help to move your project onto the next level. Tell us your requirement, and let us do the thinking for you.
We also have specialist knowledge on the subject of advanced spacecraft propulsion. This includes realistic and practical concepts, but also those considered to be at the low end of the Technology Readiness Level 1-3. Our interests are primarily centred around concepts which are expected to reach maturity for in service application in the coming years and decades although we are willing to work on projects in all areas of propulsion sciences. This includes:
- Chemical propulsion
- Nuclear Thermal Rockets
- Nuclear Electric Rockets
- Solar Sails and Laser Sails and Microwave beaming systems.
- Mass drivers.
- Nuclear fission and fusion systems.
- Antimatter and Antimatter catalysed fusion systems.
- Space Drives and Metric drives
- Other exotic theoretical or experimental concepts.
This is the core of our business model. We deliver consultancy on aerospace projects or programs. This also includes working on other science based projects, from physics and engineering to information technology and biological sciences. We see any problem that you might throw at us as a challenge to be attempted and we relish in solving your technology problems for you.
We can undertake consultancy on a wide range of scientific subjects. We have access to people across the world that we can bring in for any specific project and we do what is required to solve your problems. Our specialist consultancy includes but is not excluded to:
- Spacecraft propulsion.
- Systems engineering and Integration.
- Aerospace vehicle concept design.
- Aircraft aerodynamics.
- Spacecraft atmospheric thermal re-entry analysis.
- General physics and applied mathematics.
- Plasma physics and fusion physics studies.
- Astronomy & astrophysics.
- Young business start-ups and entrepreneurship.
- Technology emergence, management and projections.
- Project and Program management.
We also have a specialist vehicle which we call The Engine Room, which is a think tank for ideas. It is the heart of Stellar Engines Ltd. We have access to a group of highly qualified physicists, biologists, mathematicians, artists and engineers. These people are creative, intelligent, and renowned for out of the box problem solving. Our members have Bachelor's degrees, Master's degrees and Doctoral degrees in physics, astrophysics, aerospace engineering, electronic engineering, communications engineering, quantum mechanics, cosmology, computing, medicine. We can provide solutions in any of these subjects and more.
We see the value of this special group as thinking about problems which are outside of their area of expertise. This is due to the specialist mental tools they use for creating pathways to solutions. What we can offer your company is a fresh outsiders perspective on the problem. To facilitate this we at Stellar Engines Ltd have developed a rigorous ten step process to assembling key people to work on a specific problem. This process works according to specific rules which we have designed, which are similar to the famed Skunkworks management philosophies. In addition, our process works as follows:
- Identification of customer requirement/problem.
- Recruitment of key personnel on a sub-contracted short-term (~weeks to months) basis.
- Briefing, background information to inform context.
- Divergent brainstorming, from the speculative to the conservative, linear and lateral.
- Identification and application of metrics for operation and performance filtering.
- Convergence on key solutions, working through problems in more detail.
- Down select to further options, analysis of worst to best case scenario modelling.
- Calculation of trade studies and parameter optimisation for problem.
- Final down select, further iteration on detail.
- Publication of report, presentation of results, including key solutions and strategy for achievement.
If your company has a technical problem, and you are looking for some unusual ideas to solve it, The Engine Room, is the place to field your problem. We promise to deliver a report with several (out of the box and radical) ideas for solving your defined problem. We do not promise to build the solution ourselves, all we promise is to come up with highly creative and original ideas for addressing it, and in all likelihood solutions you have not yet considered.
Contact us if you would like to convene The Engine Room of Stellar Engines Ltd.
Lectures, Seminars, Workshops
We can deliver inspirational and optimistic lectures on the exploration of spaceflight or physics related subjects. Just contact us if you would like to hire us for a one off lecture, day time or evening event. In addition, we can provide educational based seminars and workshops which are designed to test people's ability to function in a team, whilst also moving the team towards a solution to a grand challenge problem.
Publications, Writing & Editing
Stellar Engines Ltd will also advise on technical report writing and also perform editorial services. Currently, we act as the contracted editors for the Journal of the British Interplanetary Society (JBIS) which is the oldest astronautical journal in the world (1934).
If you want to hire Stellar Engines Ltd for any of these services, then please get in touch with us. We are ready and waiting to go to work for you. Your problems becomes our problems, because we care about your needs.